Everyone has a special homemade guacamole recipe. We figure you do too 🙂
Our customers are crazy about ordering organic avocados, so it would be fitting to share a couple of guacamole recipes, along with a YouTube video on how to make one such perfect guacamole…
Homemade Guacamole Recipes
Original Recipe Yield 6 servings
- 3 avocados, peeled and diced
- 1/2 tomato, finely diced
- 1/2 onion, finely diced
- 1/2 habanero or jalapeno pepper, finely diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Dash of lime juice
- Salt to taste
- In a bowl, mush avocados until slightly chunky.
- Add tomato, onion, peppers, garlic, lime and salt. Mix together.
- Serve immediately with tortilla chips, vegetables or pita bread.
My Favorite Guacamole
- 3 ripe avocados
- 1/3 cup minced onion
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 3 roma tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 serrano chile, minced
- juice of 1 or 2 small limes
- 3/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup cilantro, minced
- Cilantro leaves and radish slices for garnish
- tostadas (corn tortilla chips)
- Roughly mash 2 avocados with a fork. Cut the remaining avocado into small chunks or cubes.
- Combine remaining ingredients.
- Adjust salt, chile and lime juice if needed. Don’t be shy of salt — it can make a flat flavor stand up and be noticed.
- Garnish and serve with tostadas
If you make guacamole ahead of time, don’t stir in the lime juice. Instead, mix everything else together and pour the lime juice over the surface, making sure it covers completely. This will prevent the guacamole from darkening. Stir in the juice at serving time.
Cilantro stems are edible and tasty. Discard the tough, larger stems, but keep the tender ones. They taste just as good as the leaves and add crunch.